Posted on: June 30, 2017
Mission and Background:
For more than 40 years, organizations in The Public Interest Network (TPIN) have been taking on powerful interests on behalf of the American public, working to win concrete results for our health and well-being. Together our organizations have helped pass and enact hundreds of laws and policies to protect our environment, protect consumers and hold corporations and government accountable to the public. At the same time, we’ve built a thriving network with hundreds of professional staff and a presence in 35 states.
At the heart of our network and our ability to maintain our organization for four decades is a commitment to a model for building organizations and organizing for change—one that emphasizes building stable, powerful organizations, efficiency, and accountability to the goals and plans we set out to achieve.
Candidates must have facility working with numbers, attention to detail, computer orientation, and interest in business management issues in a non-profit environment. Accounting background and computer experience are desirable but not required. We are looking for candidates with a commitment to public interest and environmental issues.
Managing a combined annual budget of approximately $30 million, the team of 13 people performs the following functions:
* Oversee the collection of funds and the reconciliation of bank accounts
* Review and process bills for payment
* Process payroll and complete an array of payroll related tasks
* Provide liaison and training on business management issues to citizen outreach offices around the country
* Prepare financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
* Comply with reporting requirements of state and federal governments
* Prepare financial management reports
* Participate as enthusiastic members of the TPIN community in support of the mission and goals of the advocacy program
Location: Boston, MA
Salary and Benefits:
Target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
We’ll carefully consider your application, and if we think you’re a good fit, we’ll get in touch. The Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.
Things to know when you apply:
The Public Interest Network is a group of organizations that share a vision of a better future, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to making positive change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.