IT Operations Administrator
Posted on: June 26, 2017
Nonprofit IT Operations Administrator
Are you a tech-savvy person who cares about the future of the planet, believes that elections should be decided by voters rather than big money, and thinks we should protect public health over corporate profits? Do you believe that organizing and advocacy have the potential to solve the problems that you are most concerned about? Are you interested in helping to build and support the IT infrastructure that enables organizers and advocates to create social and political change?
The Public Interest Network’s IT & Security Team is hiring an IT Operations Administrator. Our team supports the work of organizers and advocates with public interest organizations across the United States who are working for social change on critical issues like fighting global warming and getting big money out of politics.
As the IT Operations Administrator for the IT & Security Team, you’ll learn, apply, and grow your skills by working to:
- Set up and manage user accounts across The Public Interest Network’s centrally managed systems, including Okta, Google G Suite, and Quick Base;
- Maintain and expand user- and admin-facing document, best practices, and how-tos;
- Design and run trainings for end users covering both centrally managed systems and in-house applications;
- Identify and resolve common hardware and software issues, and develop long-term solutions to make our systems work even better;
- Help manage our stable of in-house applications, including reviewing proposals, managing ecosystem-wide projects, enforcing internal design standards, and becoming an expert resource for other teams within The Public Interest Network.
The ideal candidate for the IT Operations Administrator will be passionate about creating social, political, and technological change. We’re looking for a solid generalist who is excited about learning and mastering a variety of IT systems, and capable of successfully working with people of all skill levels.
- This is an entry-level position. Prior IT experience, particularly with a public interest advocacy organization or on political campaigns, is preferred but not required.
- Applicants must be comfortable with technology and have strong computer skills. Previous IT help desk experience, basic programming knowledge, familiarity with Linux and macOS, and basic knowledge of database and web application design are preferred but not required.
- Candidates must be self-directed and comfortable working with people. Good writing and speaking skills, an organized, patient mind, and the curiosity, motivation, and willingness to experiment required to learn new skills, are all a must.
The IT Operations Administrator position requires a two-year commitment.
Compensation & Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is $27,250. Eligible staff receive paid holidays, sick days, and vacation days; and the opportunity to enroll in our group health care, college loan assistance, and 401(k) programs. Opportunities for advancement, travel, and additional training are available.
The IT Operations Administrator will be based in Denver, CO.
Things To Know When You Apply
The Public Interest Network is home to 16-plus organizations that share a vision of a better country, a set of core values about our work and a coordinated strategic approach to getting things done. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
The Public Interest Network is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
The Public Interest Network
Compensation and benefits for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package. Opportunities for advancement, travel, and additional training are available. A minimum 2-year commitment is required.
October 31, 2017
Apply by November 25, 2017