Transform Transportation Associate, CoPIRG
Posted on: March 3, 2023
CoPIRG is seeking an entry-level campaign associate to help lead our Transform Transportation campaign efforts.
Thousands of lives are cut short every year by transportation pollution, and even more are lost to traffic crashes on our roads. And vehicle emissions are now our state’s No. 1 source of climate-changing carbon pollution.
For our health, our safety and our future, we need to transform our transportation systems and expand options. CoPIRG is working to double the number of people who travel on foot, bike or public transit by 2030.
We are seeking a Campaign Associate who will spearhead our grassroots efforts to educate the public, gain media attention for the issue, garner public support, lobby elected officials, and make real changes to move Colorado towards a future with zero waste. The associate will work with our experienced team of advocates, researchers, and digital and communications experts.
Entry-level candidates are encouraged to apply; we provide training on advocacy and organizing skills, as well as oversight and on-the-ground training by an experienced advocate. Ideal candidates will have leadership experience, top-notch written and verbal skills, an eagerness to learn, and be ready for a challenge. We value organizing experience, including building campus or community groups.
- Build powerful coalitions: Reach out to a broad range of organizations across the political spectrum to demonstrate support for our campaign goals.
- Earn traditional media and social media attention: Organize news conferences and write opinion pieces. Build a following on social media for your campaign.
- Lobby elected officials: Coordinate strategy with champions on a local, state and national level. Make a convincing case to legislators who are undecided on a particular vote. When a critical vote is happening on your campaign, work to demonstrate the support you’ve been building on the ground to help line up the votes needed to win.
- Research and write persuasive campaign materials: Catalog and analyze data relevant to the issue and our policy proposals to help influence public debate and earn media attention for our cause.
- Identify and cultivate donors: Reach out to foundations and major donors and ask them to fund your campaign.
- Recruit new people to your team: Help build your team by recruiting volunteers, interns and full-time staff.
- Run a grassroots campaign office each summer: Run a campaign office for the summer to raise money to support our campaigns, build our organization and membership, and help build critical and timely grassroots support to win key campaigns while honing your organizing and management skills.
Compensation & Benefits
The target annual compensation for this position is $36,000 in the first year. CoPIRG offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement. offers an excellent benefits package. Our benefits package may include medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents, needs-based student loan assistance, 401(k) plan with employer match, commuter benefit program, paid time off, parental leave and long-term disability insurance. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Why work with PIRG? Check out 10 reasons: https://pirg.org/why-work-with-us/
Things To Know When You Apply
CoPIRG is part of The Public Interest Network, which operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
CoPIRG is an equal opportunity employer
COVID-19: We take COVID-19 safety very seriously. Employees must follow our COVID safety protocols and be fully vaccinated and boostered. Accommodations are provided to the extent required by law.
This position starts immediately. Please apply at your earliest convenience.