Posted on: August 30, 2022
Green Century Capital Management, Inc.
Director of Communications
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the administrator of the Green Century Funds, the first family of fossil fuel free mutual funds in the U.S. that are environmentally friendly
Our firm is growing, and we are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our dynamic team as Director of Communications.
For 30 years, Green Century has been the standard bearer of environmentally responsible investing.
Green Century uses a unique three-pronged approach to deliver impact and competitive returns.
- Invests in companies aligned with environmental values: Instead of investing in environmentally dangerous industries such as coal, oil, gas and tobacco, Green Century Funds avoids these companies so that clients can match their ethics to their investments
- Leads an effective shareholder advocacy program: Our team of shareholder advocates directly presses global companies to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
- Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations: Green Century is the only mutual fund company in the U.S. wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits we earn managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their critical work.
Director of Communications
Green Century’s Director of Communications will work closely across all teams and with all levels of staff and report to the president of Green Century Capital Management. Representative responsibilities include creating and managing communications strategies, media relations, and compliance review. The ideal candidate will have excellent communications and writing skills. Previous writing, media relations, public affairs, and/or marketing experience, especially in financial services or environmental advocacy, is preferred.
Specific responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, compose and edit high-quality external content marketing materials, including thought leadership, blog posts, press releases, emails to investors, and social media posts.
- Build media relationships with reporters, perform media outreach, and respond to media inquiries.
- Oversee development of printed and digital materials .
- Develop client materials, including presentations, in conjunction with the financial intermediaries team.
- Manage firm’s extensive search engine marketing (SEM) and vendor relationship, website using WordPress and email campaigns using MailChimp.
- Monitor and report on campaign metrics, analytics, news and media mentions.
Ensure the organization’s messaging is consistent.
- Ensure materials are compliant with SEC and securities regulations
- Supervise staff and interns.
Qualifications: Candidates for this position should have at least 4 years of relevant professional experience. This could include (but is not limited to) working for an environmentally responsible business, a financial services firm, an environmental advocacy organization, nonprofit, or the government.
In addition, you should have:
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, WordPress, and MailChimp. Familiarity with a client relationship management platform is a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and within and across teams.
- Experience with one or more of the following: communications, marketing, and/or media relations.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion and the ability to oversee significant projects.
- Prior experience volunteering or working with a nonprofit organization or political campaign and a passion for the mission of Green Century.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts.
Compensation & Benefits: Target annual compensation for this position is set on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees of the successful candidate. Green Century Capital Management offers a competitive benefits package.
To Apply: Complete our online application and upload a cover letter and resume at https://workforprogress.org/apply-now/?id=374. Please address your cover letter to Leslie Samuelrich, President.
Green Century Capital Management is a part of The Public Interest Network. The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic Visit https://publicinterestnetwork.org/core-values/ to learn more.
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.