Boston Nonprofit Office Coordinator
Posted on: April 6, 2021
BOSTON OFFICE MANAGER
The Public Interest Network seeks an Office Manager to join our team in Boston, MA.
The Public Interest Network operates more than a dozen organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. These groups include U.S. PIRG, Environment America, Green Corps, and the National Environmental Law Center and include 400-plus staff. We tackle some of the biggest challenges facing our states and our country today, such as delivering clean air, clean water and a livable climate to the next generation; transforming our energy and transportation systems for the 21st century; growing food in ways that leave both people and the planet healthier; and responding to the worst public health crisis in a century.
Our Boston office houses over a dozen organizations responsible for numerous successes in Massachusetts and across the country, such as getting the lead out of school drinking water, improving Boston’s public transportation system, and reducing single use plastics. As the Office Manager, you’ll oversee office operations to help ensure the effectiveness of these organizations and enable the success of The Public Interest Network as a whole.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Office Manager oversees the management of the Boston office for over a dozen organizations within The Public Interest Network. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the everyday functions of the office including maintenance and oversight of supplies, furniture, machinery, and all office spaces. Serve as the liaison and representative of our network to building management.
- Overseeing the Boston office’s budget; tracking expenses and income, requisitioning expenses, and proposing a budget that meets the needs of the organization’s objectives and goals.
- Managing an office where 80 staff and network visitors work, maintaining phone and internet systems, ordering supplies, maintaining and improving organizational systems, ensuring security protocols, and proposing and managing contracts with vendors. The manager also coordinates with a team of administrators representing each of the organizations housed in the office, working to complete projects and ensure a smooth-running office.
- Coordinating meetings, socials, and cleaning projects for staff, in order to build community and sense of ownership in the office.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Initiative and the ability to complete tasks efficiently
- The ability to quickly comprehend and utilize new programs
- A positive attitude and the ability to work effectively with all different types of people
- Comfort in maintaining technical systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A track record of accomplishment
The ideal candidate is also passionate about political change, organizing, and movement building. Candidates must have excellent judgment and discretion and the ability to oversee significant projects. Additionally, candidates must be able to make a two-year commitment to the position. The position is full time, and it will include additional TPIN responsibilities, to be determined.
Boston, MA. For the time being, most of our staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Staff may be required to come to the office on occasion for now, ultimately this is an in-office Boston position.
We are accepting applications who can start immediately, no later than June 1st.
PAY AND BENEFITS
The target annual compensation for this position is $28,000-$30,000 in the first year. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
To apply, fill out our online application by clicking here. Please direct your application to Margaret Corcoran.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU APPLY
The Public Interest Network is a group of organizations that share a vision of a better future, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to social change. Click here for things you should know about our network before you apply.
The Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer.