Director of Communications
Posted on: March 26, 2021
Green Century Capital Management is seeking a Director of Communications to lead its communications and marketing team.
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the administrator of the Green Century Funds, the first family of fossil fuel free, responsible, and diversified mutual funds in the U.S. For more than 25 years, Green Century has been the standard bearer of responsible investing, and no other fund can match our environmental and public health impact.
Green Century uses a unique three-pronged approach to deliver impact and competitive returns. Green Century:
- Invests in sustainable companies: Instead of investing in the most environmentally-reckless companies in the world, the Green Century Funds invest in environmental leaders and innovators and companies leading their industries in their environmental, social and governance performance ratings.
- Leads an effective shareholder advocacy program: Our team of shareholder advocates directly presses several dozen companies every year to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
- Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations: Green Century is the only mutual fund company in the U.S. wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits we earn managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their work. Green Century was founded and is owned by nine nonprofit organizations that share a vision of a better world, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to social change. Green Century’s nonprofit owners and partners include U.S. PIRG, Environment America, Green Corps, and the National Environmental Law Center and encompass 400-plus staff. We tackle some of the biggest challenges facing our country today, such as delivering clean air, clean water and a livable climate to the next generation; transforming our energy and transportation systems for the 21st century; growing food in ways that leave both people and the planet healthier; and responding to the worst public health crisis in a century.
The director of communications will work closely with all levels of staff and report to the president of Green Century Capital Management. Representative responsibilities include marketing communications, media relations, and compliance review. The ideal candidate will have excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Previous writing, media relations, public affairs, and/or marketing experience, especially in financial services or environmental advocacy, is preferred.
Specific responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and compose high-quality external content marketing materials, including web pages, digital ads, press releases, weekly emails to investors, potential investors, and financial advisors, and social media posts.
- Build media relationships with reporters, perform media outreach, and respond to media inquiries.
- Manage firm’s extensive search engine marketing (SEM) and vendor relationship, website using WordPress and email campaigns using MailChimp.
- Oversee development of printed and digital materials.
- Ensure materials are compliant with SEC and securities regulations.
- Develop client materials, including presentations, in conjunction with financial intermediaries team.
- Monitor and report on campaign metrics, analytics, news and media mentions.
- Supervise staff and interns.
Candidates for this position should have at least 4 years of relevant professional experience. This could include (but is not limited to) working for a socially responsible business, a financial services or consulting company, an environmental advocacy organization, nonprofit, or the government.
In addition, you should have:
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, WordPress, and MailChimp. Familiarity with a client relationship management platform is a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and within and across teams.
- Experience with one or more of the following: communications, marketing, and/or media relations.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion and the ability to oversee significant projects.
- Prior experience volunteering or working with a nonprofit organization or political campaign and a passion for the mission of Green Century.
Boston, Massachusetts. For the foreseeable future, staff are working remotely due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Compensation & Benefits:
Target annual compensation for this position is set on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees of the successful candidate. Green Century Capital Management offers a competitive benefits package.
Complete our online application and upload a cover letter and resume by clicking here. Please address your cover letter to Leslie Samuelrich, President.
Green Century Capital Management is a part of The Public Interest Network. The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Visit our core values page to learn more.
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.
Green Century Funds
Target annual compensation for this position is set on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees of the successful candidate.
This position starts immediately. Please apply at your earliest convenience.