Posted on: January 11, 2021
Financial and Office Associate
Green Century Capital Management seeks a smart, committed, and detail-oriented candidate to join our Boston-based team as a Financial and Office Associate.
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the administrator of the Green Century Funds, the first family of fossil fuel free mutual funds. For nearly 30 years, Green Century has been the standard bearer of responsible investing, and no other fund can match our environmental and public health impact. Green Century provides individuals and institutions a way to save for the future while protecting the environment. One hundred percent of the net profits of managing the Green Century Funds belongs to our non-profit owners.
Green Century was started and is owned by nine non-profit organizations that share a vision of a better world, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to social change. These groups include U.S. PIRG, Environment America, Green Corps, and the National Environmental Law Center and encompass 400-plus staff. We tackle some of the biggest challenges facing our country today, such as delivering clean air, clean water and a livable climate to the next generation; transforming our energy and transportation systems for the 21st century; growing food in ways that leave both people and the planet healthier; and responding to the worst public health crisis in a century.
In order to achieve these results, Green Century needs a strong backup staff to provide resources, guidance, and infrastructure.
Act as lead administrator and office manager to ensure that the office operates efficiently and effectively:
- Monitor and improve the computer systems and networks and back-up systems
- Provide technical support across the staff, including in current offsite working setup
- Maintain the office space, working with building supervisor and phone system providers as needed, and upgrade the office environment for staff and visitors
Work with the financial operations team to:
- Prepare requisitions, write checks, mail checks, and file paid bills
- Enter recordings into our accounting software program (Sage)
- Prepare and make bank deposits
- Maintain Budget Monitoring Forms
- Resolve problems with invoices
Support prospective and current investors:
- Provide information who have questions or need information about the Green Century Funds. Ensure prompt and appropriate response to all inquiries for information on the Green Century Funds.
- Participate as enthusiastic members of the Green Century and The Public Interest Network community in support of the mission and goals of the advocacy program
Qualified applicants need to be detail-oriented and highly organized, with a friendly and professional demeanor and the maturity to manage confidential and/or sensitive information. Candidates must have facility working with numbers, databases, IT systems and computers. They should be driven by a commitment to the public interest and environmental issues and interested in sustainable investing. Candidates must demonstrate a track record of being able to effectively work independently, manage significant projects and having an outstanding work ethic.
This is an entry level position.
Compensation & Benefits
The target annual compensation for this position is $28,000. Green Century offers a competitive benefits package, an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Boston, MA. For the foreseeable future, most of our staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For this position, staff may be required to come to the office twice a week.
Fill out our online application here. Please specify Finance and Office Associate in your cover letter.
Things To Know When You Apply
Green Century is part of The Public Interest Network that operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.