Finance Manager For Socially Responsible Mutual Funds
Posted on: January 11, 2021
Green Century Capital Management Inc.
Environmentally Responsible Mutual Funds Finance Manager
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the administrator of the Green Century Funds, the first family of fossil fuel free, responsible, and diversified mutual funds in the United States. For nearly 30 years, Green Century has been the standard bearer of responsible investing, and no other mutual fund can match our environmental and public health impact. Green Century provides individuals and institutions a way to save for the future while protecting the environment. 100% percent the net profits of managing the Green Century Funds belong to our nonprofit owners.
Green Century was started and is owned by nine nonprofit organizations that are part of a network that share a vision of a better world, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to social change. Green Century’s nonprofit owners and partners include U.S. PIRG, Environment America, Green Corps, and the National Environmental Law Center and encompass 400-plus staff. We tackle some of the biggest challenges facing our country today, such as delivering clean air, clean water and a livable climate to the next generation; transforming our energy and transportation systems for the 21st century; growing food in ways that leave both people and the planet healthier; and responding to the worst public health crisis in a century.
Green Century manages three fossil fuel free mutual funds that have grown to more than $850 million in assets.
Green Century is seeking a Finance Manager to work closely with our entire team on financial, operational, technological, and compliance support for Green Century Capital Management and the Green Century Funds. In this position, you would be a critical contributor to the continued growth and success of the Funds. Opportunities for advancement are available. Extensive training in mutual fund administration and operations will be provided.
The Green Century Finance Manager will work closely with all levels of staff and report to the Senior Vice President for Finance and Operations. Representative responsibilities include various aspects of mutual fund operations, administration and compliance.
- Conduct business planning and financial analysis
- Monitor and work with select service providers of the Funds, including fund administration, fund accounting, and shareholder services
- Implement policies and procedures in response to regulatory or industry changes
- Analyze the Funds’ past and prospective growth opportunities; manage special projects especially in the area of data analytics.
- Trouble-shoot and improve our Client Relationship Management (CRM) tools
- Work in support of our Chief Compliance Officer to review and update policies and procedures
- Provide organizational administrative support
Candidates for this position should have at least 3-4 years professional experience, including at least 2 years of mutual funds experience. This could include (but is not limited to) working for a socially responsible business, a financial services or consulting company, or for a nonprofit or the government.
- Demonstrated excellent quantitative skills
- Computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Client Relationship Management tools is a plus
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and within and across teams
- Experience with one or more of the following: project management, financial management, work with complex information and data, and/or information systems implementation
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion and the ability to oversee significant projects
Boston, MA. For the foreseeable future, all of our staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Compensation & Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is set on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees of the successful candidate. Green Century Capital Management offers a competitive benefits package.
Green Century Capital Management is a part of The Public Interest Network. The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.
Green Century Funds
Target annual compensation for this position is set on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees of the successful candidate.
This position starts immediately. Please apply at your earliest convenience.