2020 Election Campaign Director
Posted on: March 6, 2020
2020 Election Canvass Director
Attention Job Seekers: In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, we want to assure you that Work For Progress is actively hiring for this position, and we welcome your applications.
Work for Progress is hiring 2020 Election Canvass Directors. This November, we have a chance to set our country on a new path. In upcoming state and national elections, we’re fighting for leaders who will stand up to protect our environment and the interests of everyday people. If you’re passionate about powering our country with renewable energy, protecting public lands, fixing our student debt crisis, and reimagining our transportation system, come join us to make a difference this November.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are passionate about making a change in our country
- Have leadership experience and excellent communication skills
- Are ready to work hard and go where the fight is
In this election cycle, Work for Progress will launch field offices across the country in states like Colorado and Pennsylvania to support candidates for national and state office that share our vision of a better world. We’ll focus on key races where we think on-the-ground conversations can make a difference.
As a Canvass Director, you’ll work with a team of Directors to:
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of paid canvassers. You’ll train canvassers on the basic skills of canvassing, motivate them around the campaign, and promote people into leadership roles to build your office.
- Run the day to day management and administrative aspects of a campaign office.
- Knock on doors yourself to get out the vote.
More about the job:
- Work for Progress will provide initial training on the skills needed to be a successful canvass director and ongoing support throughout the campaign.
- This is a campaign-style job: with a short window of time and a lot at stake, this job is “all in.” We’re looking for candidates who are prepared to work around 70 hours/week, and are excited to canvass and get out the vote.
- After Election Day, we work to place our Canvass Directors with other organizations working for change.
We’re building a team of people who care about making our country a better place and are ready to work hard to achieve our goals. Candidates must have excellent judgement and discretion. Ideal candidates will have previous experience canvassing or working on campaigns.
We’re looking for candidates who are ready to go where the fight is. We’re still deciding on final office locations and may add offices or make changes throughout the campaign in order to focus resources on the most important races or districts. If you have a location preference, let us know in your application, but the more flexible you can be, the better.
The target annual compensation for this position is $27,000 in the first year. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Apply online by clicking here.
More about Work for Progress:
Our leadership team are change-makers who have decades of experience running grassroots campaigns. Since 2008, Work for Progress has knocked on over 3 million doors in support of candidates such as President Obama, Senator Elizabeth Warren, and Senator Tim Kaine. Our past election work includes:
- Turning out thousands of voters who provided the difference in close races. In 2016, we partnered with Penn Environment to knock on doors in 3 state legislative districts including State House District 31 where we knocked on more than 20,000 doors to help Perry Warren win by 75 votes.
- Going where the fight is. In 2012, Work For Progress knocked on thousands of doors in North Dakota’s hotly contested Senate election on behalf of North Dakota Fair Share. Our work turned out critical voters who helped elect Democrat Heidi Keitkamp by 2,936 votes.
- Knocking on over 950,000 doors in 2014 in Colorado as part of Colorado Fair Share’s plans to support Senator Mark Udall.
Work for Progress is an equal opportunity employer.
Colorado Springs, CO
Fort Collins, CO
Los Angeles, CA
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA