Planned Giving Coordinator
Posted on: February 7, 2020
Planned Giving Coordinator
The Public Interest Network operates more than 15 organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to change. These groups include U.S. PIRG, Environment America and National Environmental Law Center, and encompass 400-plus staff.
We take a principled, but pragmatic approach to creating change. We build organizations and run campaigns that connect big ideas to concrete policy changes that improve the quality of our environment and our lives. We’re transpartisan—we reach out to everybody who might agree with us and consider joining us, including liberals, conservatives and everyone in between. We value dialogue over polarization. We invest in people and strategies that deliver results, including advocacy, lobbying, campaigning, litigation, policy research and grassroots organizing.
We are seeking a Coordinator for our Planned Giving Program, which has a mission to raise money through bequests and other legacy gifts. By growing our planned giving program, The Public Interest Network will raise significant additional funds as baby boomers pass down over $50 trillion in the greatest intergenerational transfer of wealth in U.S history. In addition, we aim to deepen our members’ affinity to network organizations by giving them the opportunity to leave the legacy of a better world to future generations.
Representative responsibilities include:
- Expanding our current marketing program to inspire our donors to leave a lasting legacy to their values;
- Organizing cultivation events around the country to deepen the commitment of our long-term members;
- Collaborating with staff around the country to integrate planned giving goals in all fundraising activities and facilitate stewardship of donors who have already announced a commitment to making a planned gift;
- Responding to inquiries with appropriate information on bequests, stock donations, and other legacy gifts;
- Working with our membership services, legal, and finance departments to ensure that all planned gifts are appropriately reviewed and processed; and
- Researching additional types of planned gifts beyond the ones we currently feature, and determining whether they would be suitable for our organizations.
The Planned Giving Coordinator position requires a two-year commitment.
We are looking for candidates with leadership skills and experience, a demonstrated commitment to social change, and an appreciation of the importance of organizing. We’re also looking for candidates who are flexible and embrace new challenges.
Additionally, qualified candidates will:
- Have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years’ relevant experience. Experience in development with a public interest advocacy organization also is preferred. Advanced degrees, including a JD or masters in related fields, may count toward a candidate’s professional experience. Legal experience and/or understanding of basic estate and tax planning is a plus;
- Be detail-oriented, deadline-driven, highly organized, have strong work ethic, and have excellent project management skills;
- Have excellent people skills, judgement, and the ability to exhibit sensitivity in all communications regarding estate planning and have the ability to handle confidential information with discretion;
- Have strong writing and presentation skills; and
- Be able to work independently, as well as take direction and work as part of a team.
Compensation & Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
Denver, CO or Los Angeles, CA
Visit our website by clicking on the apply button and fill out the online form. If we are interested in interviewing you for the position, we will get back to you within a week.
Things to Know When You Apply
The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to getting things done. Click here: https://publicinterestnetwork.org/core-values.html for things you should know about our network when you apply.
The Public Interest Network is an equal opportunity employer.
The Public Interest Network will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.