Marketing Manager for Environmentally Responsible Mutual Fund
Posted on: February 7, 2020
Green Century Capital Management, Inc.
Environmentally Responsible Mutual Funds
Green Century Capital Management, Inc. administers the Green Century Funds, the first family of fossil fuel free, responsible, and diversified mutual funds in the nation. Founded and wholly owned by nonprofit environmental advocacy organizations, Green Century is dedicated to promoting an environmentally-sustainable economy. The Green Century Funds are designed to achieve competitive returns while incorporating both values-based screens and ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) ratings and performance to invest in sustainable companies. Green Century conducts a robust shareholder engagement program to curb climate change, promote sustainable agriculture and press for greater corporate environmental responsibility.
The Green Century mission:
- Provide environmentally responsible investing opportunities for those who care about the planet while seeking competitive returns
- Promote environmental responsibility through a comprehensive shareholder advocacy program
- Support the advocacy and public interest work of Green Century’s founding non-profit organizations by generating revenue to fund their programs
Green Century is seeking to add a talented person to our marketing team in order to expand Green Century’s outreach, attract more assets, and promote corporate environmental responsibility.
Green Century’s Marketing Manager will work closely with the Director of Communications and other senior staff to devise and implement strategies for creatively marketing the Funds, focusing primarily on reaching individual investors through internet marketing, event outreach, and telephone inquiries. We are looking for a candidate with excellent writing abilities, proficiency in Microsoft and Adobe suites, exceptional people skills, a proven ability to juggle multiple projects, a passion for the environment and socially responsible investing, and a good-natured personality that will further contribute to the strength of our team.
Representative Responsibilities Include:
- Identifying new and creative opportunities to reach potential investors through a variety of mediums, including events and digital, print, and search ads
- Identifying digital and print ad opportunities
- Managing event outreach strategy to recruit new investors, including identifying opportunities, training staff, overseeing logistics, managing budgets, and driving goals
- Reviewing and updating Green Century website content
- Assisting in the SEC-approval process for all external materials
- Coordinating and evaluating Direct Mail projects
- Contributing to the design and overseeing production of all internal and external materials, including ads
- Conducting periodic analysis of market research
- Contributing to monthly marketing reports
- Overseeing interactions with prospective and current investors through the telephone inquiry line
We seek applicants who possess a strong commitment to environmental issues and environmentally responsible businesses. The successful candidate will also bring the following skills and attributes to the position: excellent verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills; energy and commitment to socially responsible investing; a team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity with a drive and ability to motivate others; a proactive approach to problem solving; and excellent project management skills with the ability to manage plans and deadlines. Graphic design experience preferred. Candidates must have excellent judgment and discretion.
Compensation & Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is set on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees of the successful candidate. Green Century Capital Management offers a competitive benefits package.
Please apply on our website and specify Marketing Manager in your cover letter. For more information, please visit www.greencentury.com.
Green Century Capital Management is a part of The Public Interest Network. The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to getting things done. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply: https://publicinterestnetwork.org/core-values.html
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.