Environment America Campaigns Director
Posted on: May 4, 2018
Environment America, Campaign Director
Environment America seeks a Campaign Director for Recruitment and Hiring.
The Campaign Director will work with our staff of researchers, advocates, campaign staff and communications experts to hire entry-level and experienced candidates to help staff up our organization so that we can move more campuses, cities and states towards 100% renewable energy, keep more fossil fuels in the ground, ban bee-killing pesticides, stop pollution of our air and water, and protect our public lands.
Environment America is a policy and action group with more than two million members and supporters spread across all 50 states. Our staff have been working for nearly four decades to promote national, state and local policies that put the environment first. For example, we’ve won policies that have resulted in more solar and wind power in 25 states, cleaner cars and power plants nationwide, and better protections for our rivers, streams, lakes and drinking water. With affiliates in 29 states, we run campaigns that not only raise awareness, but win results on the national stage, in states and cities, on the ballot and in the courtroom.
Now more than ever our work is critical. The issues we care about are coming under fire under the new Administration, Congress and in many state governments. We have a President who denies climate change, and who is proposing massive cuts to the budget of the Environmental Protection Agency, and the Centers for Disease Control. We have our work cut out for us, and we are hiring talented, mission-driven people to join with us.
The Campaign Director works with staff across the country to coordinate messaging and carry out comprehensive plans to meet our overall staffing goals. Responsibilities include:
- Building our online reputation by developing marketing strategies, search engine optimization, building relationships with vendors, generating innovative ideas to increase web traffic, and key online platforms so we can maximize our reach.
- Managing our advertising program to ensure we are targeting qualified candidates and converting interested leads to applicants.
- Identifying top potential candidates, conducting interviews and making hiring decisions
- Developing strategic relationships with partner organizations and universities and serves as the public face for our recruitment efforts at conferences, career panels and job forums.
- Overseeing our tracking and data analysis to identify trends and opportunities.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual to fill this role. The ideal candidate would care deeply about both our campaigns and about building a strong and enduring institution to achieve long-term social change. Other qualifications include:
- Strong writer and an articulate spokesperson.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and social media platforms like Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter.
- Proven team management skills
- Strong analytical skills
Campaign experience is a plus but not required.
Pay & Benefits
The target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. We value experience with project management, networking, and running grassroots campaigns. Environment America offers a competitive benefits package.
Boston, MA; Washington, D.C.; or Denver, CO
To apply, please fill out our online application and director your cover letter to Kyle Larson, Hiring Director.
Things To Know When You Apply
Environment America are part of The Public Interest Network — a group of organizations that share a vision of a better future, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to making positive change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
The Public Interest Network
Compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
June 29, 2018
Apply by June 8, 2018