Climate Change Campaign Associate
Posted on: September 2, 2020
Destination: Zero Carbon Campaign Associate
Join the Environment America Climate team and help launch our Destination: Zero Carbon campaign.
Transportation is now America’s number one source of global warming pollution, with greenhouse emissions from cars, trucks, buses and other vehicles surpassing every other source. We now have the technology and policy know-how to change this. That’s why here we’re launching Destination: Zero Carbon, a nation-wide campaign to electrify cars and buses, and to reduce the need to drive by making it easier, cheaper and more enjoyable to travel on foot, bike or public transit.
We are seeking a Campaign Associate who will spearhead this campaign and work with our experienced team of advocates, researchers, and digital and communications experts.
Entry-level candidates are encouraged to apply; we provide training on advocacy and organizing skills, as well as oversight and on-the-ground training by an experienced advocate. Ideal candidates will have leadership experience, top-notch written and verbal skills, an eagerness to learn, and be ready for a challenge. We value organizing experience, including building campus or community groups.
- Build powerful coalitions: Reach out to like-minded organizations and affected constituency groups to demonstrate support for our campaign goals.
- Earn traditional media and social media attention: Organize news conferences and write opinion pieces. Build a following on Facebook and Twitter for your campaign.
- Lobby elected officials: Coordinate strategy with champions in Congress. Make a convincing case to legislators who are undecided on a particular vote. When a critical vote is happening on your campaign, work to demonstrate the support you’ve been building on the ground to help line up the votes needed to win.
- Research and write reports: Catalogue and analyze data relevant to the issue and our policy proposals to help influence public debate and earn media attention for our cause.
- Identify and cultivate donors: Reach out to foundations and major donors and ask them to fund your campaign.
- Run a grassroots campaign office each summer: Run a campaign office for the summer to raise money to support our campaigns, build our organization and membership, and help build critical and timely grassroots support to win key campaigns while honing your organizing and management skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The target annual compensation for this position is $28,000-$30,000 in the first year. Environment America offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Washington DC or Philadelphia
We’re also hiring Campaign Associates to work on other campaigns in locations across the country. We accept applications on a rolling basis. For the foreseeable future, all of our staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.This position starts in August 2021.
Fill out our online application.
Environment America is part of The Public Interest Network, which operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Visit our core values page for things you should know about our network when you apply.
Environment America is an equal opportunity employer.