Posted on: December 8, 2022
Boston, MA; Washington, DC; or Denver, CO
The Public Interest Network is seeking a Recruitment Associate.
The Public Interest Network operates and supports more than a dozen non-profit organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to change. Our groups – Environment America, PIRG, National Environmental Law Center, Green Corps, and more – have a 40+-year track record of winning positive social change for the environment and the public interest. Our work focuses on solving the problems that arise from America’s single-minded pursuit of endless economic growth. We’re still burning fossil fuels, even though it’s changing the climate. We keep giving antibiotics to healthy livestock, even though it’s creating antibiotic-resistant “superbugs.” We use plastic products for just a few minutes only to throw them away, where they pollute the ocean for centuries.
We take a principled, pragmatic approach in our work. We connect big ideas to concrete policy changes that improve the quality of our environment and people’s lives. We’re transpartisan — we want to reach everyone who might agree with us from across the political spectrum. We value dialogue over polarization. We are clear about what our mission is, and we stick to it.
The Recruitment Associate will work with our Recruitment & Hiring Team at The Public Interest Network and Work for Progress to identify and recruit talented and passionate entry-level and experienced candidates to join our organizations as advocates, campaigners, organizers, policy experts, communications specialists, writers, digital organizers, fundraisers, administrative staff, and more.
- Front-end recruiting:
- Implement our online advertising strategy including managing postings on online job boards and social media to ensure qualified candidates see our open positions and are motivated to apply.
- Represent our organizations and recruit for open positions at career fairs, conferences, and job forums. Build relationships with external stakeholders who can help us identify qualified candidates.
- Candidate experience:
- Assist in updating and managing our recruiting systems and database to ensure candidates have the best experience in our application and interview process.
- Provide guidance and support to people throughout the recruitment process.
- Tracking and analysis:
- Track and analyze key metrics to continually improve our ability to reach and recruit qualified candidates.
- Additional projects to help us meet our objectives.
Entry-level candidates with a passion for our issues, mission, and values and a strong desire to build a better world with their life are encouraged to apply.
We’re looking for someone with these qualities:
- Goal-driven and sharp
- Great problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Comfortable with data, databases and reports
- The maturity to manage confidential and/or sensitive information
- Motivated by the idea of working with a non-profit organization that has been making a difference for the environment and the public interest for 40+ years.
Why work with The Public Interest Network? Check out 10 reasons: https://publicinterestnetwork.org/why-work-with-us/
Pay & Benefits
The starting compensation range for this position is $31,000 – $36,000 and depends on relevant experience, education, and location. We offer an excellent benefits package. Our benefits package may include medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents, needs-based student loan assistance, 401(k) plan with employer match, commuter benefit program, paid time off, parental leave and long-term disability insurance. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
This position will be employed by Work for Progress, which is a part of The Public Interest Network. Work for Progress recruits qualified candidates for the organizations within The Public Interest Network.
Boston, MA, Washington, DC, or Denver, CO.
Our Mission and Values
Work for Progress is a part of The Public Interest Network, which operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Visit https://publicinterestnetwork.org/core-values to learn more.
Work for Progress is an equal opportunity employer.
COVID-19: We take COVID-19 safety very seriously. Employees must follow our COVID safety protocols and be fully vaccinated and boostered. Accommodations are provided to the extent required by law.