The Public Interest Network State Office Administrator
Posted on: February 7, 2020
State Administrator, The Public Interest Network
The Public Interest Network runs organizations committed to a cutting-edge vision of a better world, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to change. We work on a wide variety of important issues, from clean energy to product safety, that highlight the need for a reassessment of our economic values and a new approach to politics. Our campaigns challenge decision-makers and the rest of us to stop tolerating problems that are increasingly absurd in an age of advancing technology and growing abundance.
We’re seeking a top-notch administrator to help run the operations of The Public Interest Network’s State Program Team. Working closely with our staff on the ground in 29 states, and Public Interest Network leaders across the country, the administrator plays a critical role in providing the backbone that allows our advocates to be successful. Specifically, the administrator plays a key role in:
Working with our team:
- Managing the administrative needs of over 40 field staff
- Working closely with other departments to set goals and action plans
- Providing support for the state advocacy operations in 29 states
- Managing our systems effectively
- Data analysis
- Identifying areas to innovate and improve efficiency
- Training our advocates on how to implement systems
Managing necessary department operations:
- Reporting on key departmental metrics
- Performing regular database maintenance
- Creating and managing budgets
- Managing contracts with external vendors
- Coordinating the work between advocates on the ground and internal Public Interest Network departments
- Helping facilitate meetings with our team and boards
Qualified applicants need to be goal-driven and sharp, with great problem-solving skills. Applicants must be detail-oriented and highly organized, with a friendly and professional demeanor and the maturity to manage confidential and/or sensitive information. They should be driven by the idea of building a non-profit organization and have an outstanding work ethic, while being flexible enough to pivot to prioritize whatever projects are most timely & important. Finally, the successful applicant must be able to deliver high-quality results.
Candidates for this position should have at least one year of relevant administrative experience, preferably in an activist, nonprofit or political organization.
Extra consideration for applicants who have experience managing databases or Quick Base.
Pay & Benefits
The target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
Denver, CO or Philadelphia, PA
Apply online on our website.
Things to Know When You Apply
The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to getting things done. Visit https://publicinterestnetwork.org/core-values.html to learn more.
Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer.