Environment America Recruitment Director
Posted on: May 3, 2017
Environment America: Recruitment Director
We all want clean air, clean water and open spaces. But it takes tough-minded advocacy and effective tools and organizations to win concrete results for our environment, especially when powerful interests stand in the way of progress. Environment America runs advocacy offices located in states across the nation. Our staff and members work to protect the places we love, advance the environmental values we share, and win real results for our environment.
Right now we need a Recruitment Director to find the next generation of environmental activists. The Recruitment Director is responsible for recruiting talented entry level staff to run campaigns on some of our country’s biggest environmental issues.
Representative responsibilities include:
- Recruitment strategy: The Recruitment Director works with staff across the country to coordinate messaging and carry out comprehensive plans to meet our overall staffing goals.
- Candidate outreach: The Recruitment Director identifies top potential candidates, conducts interviews and makes hiring decisions.
- Networking: The Recruitment Director develops strategic relationships with partner organizations and universities and serves as the public face for our recruitment efforts at conferences, career panels and job forums.
- Tracking and Data Analysis: The Recruitment Director oversees our tracking and data analysis to identify trends and opportunities.
- Operations management: The Recruitment Director oversees daily operations of the department, including creating and managing the department’s budget and overseeing systems and candidate communications.
- Run a Canvass Office: During the summer, the Recruitment Director will run a canvass office, building the organization by canvassing and training others to be successful canvassers.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual to fill this role. The Environment America Recruitment Director must be detail oriented, able to manage and drive projects involving multiple stakeholders, be a competent writer and an articulate spokesperson. The ideal candidate would care deeply about both our campaigns and about building a strong and enduring institution to achieve long-term social change. Not a glory seeker, we need somebody in this role who is glad to be behind the scenes, but able and willing to take command, solve problems, hold people accountable and motivate staff at all levels of the organization. The recruitment director must be able to juggle multiple priorities, must be hungry for responsibility and demonstrate grace under pressure.
Pay & Benefits:
The target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. We value experience with project management, networking, and running grassroots campaigns. Environment America offers a competitive benefits package.
Boston, MA or Washington, DC, or Denver, CO
Things to Know When You Apply:
Environment America is part of The Public Interest Network — a group of organizations that share a vision of a better future, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to making positive change. Visit http://jobs.environmentamerica.org/core-values.html for things you should know about our network when you apply.
Environment America is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.