Penn Environment Digital Organizer
Posted on: April 18, 2017
PennEnvironment needs an experienced advocate to drive our online campaigns to protect Pennsylvania’s environment. This person will work with PennEnvironment’s Executive Director and state program team as well as with our organizers, stakeholders and key allies to launch online campaigns to stop global warming, build a strong clean energy future, save the bees, remove lead in drinking water, and end fracking.
Over the last five years, PennEnvironment has built one of the largest and most influential online organizing networks in the state with more than 130,000 supporters. Our online network has helped defeat legislation that would grant the fracking industry liability immunity in many cases by generating nearly 10,000 letters from Pennsylvanians in just 24 hours. We’ve helped defeat legislation that would undermine key climate policies. And, we’ve helped recruit hundreds of citizens to community events to highlight local environmental problems.
We’re looking for a digital organizer to take us to the next level as we continue to expand our presence on social media; launch a massive mobile action network to quickly engage citizens; and develop powerful online driven campaign to fight for our environment.
Representative Responsibilities Include:
• Work with PennEnvironment’s organizers and advocates to develop powerful digital campaigns to help solve global warming, fight fracking, and protect Pennsylvania’s natural heritage
• Write emails and campaign actions that you’ll send to hundreds of thousands of supporters
• Design and curate content for social media, and engage with our national online and program teams to maximize the impact of those resources
• Sync our online organizing campaigns with offline engagement program run by our team of organizers, backing them up with emails, web pages and digital strategy
• Develop partnerships and creative online tactics to build our audience and raise money
• Analyze the results of your work, and report on successes and failures
• Keep your projects on track, hold people accountable to their deliverables, and communicate regularly with our team.
• Write persuasively and passionately to mobilize our members on environmental issues
• Can boil complex issues down to a single sentence
• Adept at responding to issues that arise quickly and nimbleness to respond with high quality online engagement opportunities
• Capacity to juggle multiple projects on different issues at the same time
• Have knowledge and track record of what works online and can point to examples to back it up, including on social media
• Are excited to learn new tools and aren’t afraid of HTML
• Want to make the world better and won’t shy away from pointing blame
• Have built something from scratch
• Sweat the details
Compensation and Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. We value experience with digital and website tools, social media, advocacy, and organizing. PennEnvironment offers a competitive benefits package.
PennEnvironment organizes and mobilizes the public in order to win concrete social change for our environment. We are part of Environment America, the federation of state based environmental advocacy organizations.
This position is based in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh
Apply online: http://bit.ly/2mDlRgj
Direct your cover letter to Elowyn Corby, Field Director.
- Things to know when you apply:
- PennEnvironment is part of The Public Interest Network — a group of organizations that share a vision of a better future, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to making positive change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
PennEnvironment is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status.