Fund Administrative Assistant
Posted on: June 23, 2016
Organization: Fund for the Public Interest
Job Title: Direct Mail Administrative Assistant
Description: Fund for the Public Interest (The Fund) is a national nonprofit organization working to raise money and increase visibility, membership and political power for the nation’s leading environmental and public interest non-profits.
We are looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to take on an administrative role in our Direct Mail department, which raises over $1 million dollars annually for 60+ Public Interest Network groups, including U.S.PIRG, Environment America, Environmental Action, Toxics Action Center and Green Corps.
The Direct Mail AA’s responsibilities include the following:
- Work as part of a small team to make a big impact: keep members engaged on campaigns through monthly mailings.
- Oversee monthly in-house mailing project: establish monthly deadlines, prepare mailing lists, oversee part-time staff, format and print letters, review prepared mailings for accuracy, maintain materials inventory, track costs by client group.
- Coordinate mailing schedule and meet key production deadlines, manage department calendar.
- Work with Communications, Membership Services, and Legal departments to prepare mailing lists, print files, and materials for production.
- Keep design files for materials up to date for 60+ non-profits.
- Create and maintain inventories, print orders, and postage orders.
- Coordinate vendor relations: work with mail-house, post office, and print vendors to ensure timely deliveries, maintain non-profit mailings permits, and keep mailing schedule on track.
- Manage budgets and paying bills: track costs by client group, ensure vendor invoices are paid on time.
- Assist department supervisor with projects as necessary: brainstorm ideas, create new systems, design new materials.
- Participate and assist with Public Interest Network events and trainings several times a year.
The Direct Mail Administrative Assistant reports to the Direct Mail Associate Director. This is a full-time position with benefits, starting in July, 2016.
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental protection and social change.
- 0-2 years’ experience working with non-profits on various campaigns and/or fundraising.
- Attention to detail; ability to maintain accurate systems.
- Ability to work independently and problem-solve.
- Time management skills, maintaining priorities, sticking to a schedule.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required, experience with Adobe InDesign preferred.
Location: Denver, CO and Boston, MA